Brand Networks Creative Wins Four Platinum MarCom Awards for Acura RDX Campaign
Brand Networks Creative is at it again—this time by winning four Platinum MarCom Awards for the cross-device, augmented reality and interactive video campaign we worked on with MullenLowe and RPA for Acura. This is the same campaign that took home an OMMA Award in September. The team also won a Communicator Award for another campaign we worked on for Acura in 2018.
“This is a true testament of what the Brand Networks creative team can do,” said Dave Fall, CEO of Brand Networks. We’re all about creating added value and going above and beyond expectations to help our clients and partners achieve their goals. It’s wonderful to see examples of that coming together to create something special.
Here’s a breakdown of the MarCom awards we won:
- Digital Media | Mobile App/Web | Mobile Website Product
- Strategic Communications | Marketing/Promotion Campaign | Digital Marketing
- Video/Audio | Digital Video Creation | Virtual/Augmented/Mixed Reality
- Digital Media | Web Video | Marketing
Here’s a breakdown of the campaign:
The premise behind the Acura campaign was straightforward: launch a cross-device campaign that’d allow users to experience the new Acura RDX model across platforms, channels, and devices. Brand Networks used Acura’s creative assets developed by MullenLowe to build custom rich media and video formats, which included programmatically scalable augmented reality units, rich media, and interactive video.
- Augmented Reality Ads: AR ads designed to pique users’ interest by showcasing the RDX’s unique features in a compelling way. This ad type is extremely engaging with a 360º interior view of the car with the capability to test out different interior colors and the option to click on specific features to learn more.
- Rich Media: For desktop, mobile, and tablet, we created expandable banner units featuring three action-packed videos similar to those running on television, including interactive elements users could engage with.
- Interactive Video: Brand Networks’ proprietary Orientation Responsive Video Plus, a unit that allows full-screen video playback in both vertical and standard formats, matching the orientation of the viewer’s device improved the customer experience while driving a qualified traffic rate.
Through these engaging creative units and strategic ad placements, the campaign lets consumers explore information about the RDX in ways unique to each channel and device. Additionally, the use of technology, like the augmented reality unit, for example, allowed them to step inside the car, virtually, enhancing their knowledge of the vehicle and brand experience.
Overall, the campaign exceeded its goals. Acura’s Interactive Video ads drove an engagement rate 5X over industry benchmarks, which in turn garnered a qualified traffic rate that beat client’s benchmarks by over 4X. Similarly, the Augmented Reality ads drove a 72% engagement rate, with users spending an average of 101 seconds with those units, resulting in 405 days of total time spent—that’s 20,000% more time spent than with standard ads.
“These are the types of results that we can achieve through a cohesive cross-device strategy when everyone, including creative and media teams, is working in harmony,” says David Sanderson, SVP of Creative Strategy and Operations at Brand Networks. “It’s time to say goodbye to siloes and fragmentation and hello to world-class execution. It’s a move worth making. At the end of the day, you’ll end up with something that everyone can be proud of.”